Wow. What a week. I was going to give you a play by play…but basically the first of the week was nothing but meetings. At least, Monday and Tuesday were. On Wednesday, I spent the morning with my mentor and then she left for a conference. That afternoon one of the Sisters, whose has been at the hospital for 50+ years she took me to every floor and showed me to every nook and cranny in the 5 tower hospital. This woman knows everybody. She is one of the most impressive nurse recruiters/retention officers that I know. She is nonstop on the nursing students…she knows when they test and where…and is constantly recruiting them. It was awesome.
Thursday, I was able to be basically free in the morning. I had a bunch of stuff to work on and catch up with, and before you knew it…it was time for her to pick me up again. Today, we are going to another hospital that is actually being shut down by my company. They are consolidating a lower volume hospital with the one that I work at, which is not full. Both places are having staffing shortages, and other than that neighborhood losing a hospital…it is going to be a good thing.
On Friday, I had a few meetings to attend in the morning and that afternoon I was scheduled to be in another part of Pittsburgh. That meeting ended a bit early, so I stopped by my office there. (I have 2 offices right now) Luckily, another person I had to meet with was available all afternoon. So, I went to meet with her and it finished up the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment