So, Day 3. Day 1 in the hospital I will be working in for the next 6 months. I showed up at about 9:00. The president of the hospital, with whom I will be shadowing, showed up soon after. We had a meeting at 9:30 along with the Administrative Fellow (I am the International Fellow). We talked about what to expect, what to do, etc. Then at 10:00 we went right into the mix. I had a meeting with those 2 guys and 2 docs about the medical communications system at the hospital. Even with my experience with communications, I was a little lost due to their abbreviations and such which I am not used to yet.
At 11:00 I joined in the weekly meeting of the CEO and the fellow. Wow. He is doing a lot of stuff. You have no idea. It is nice to hear all the nitty gritty about all the things at the hospital, it just sucks you can’t talk about it to anyone. At 12:00 they showed me where my office was at and where to work. My computer was so slow I decided to tell them not to worry about it and let me just hook my work laptop up to it. I found my way to the cafeteria and got a salad and a chicken sandwich. At 1:30 I joined on a conference call about the upcoming merger of this hospital and another close hospital across the river. Lots of issues. This is awesome. The President of the hospital brought the fellowship program to my employer years ago…so he knows exactly what I need an where to put me. As he said…I will learn, but being mutually beneficial I will also do some important work for his facility. I left at 2 because my shipment…what a debacle…finally arrived at 4. YAY!
Friday was not that exciting. We had a meeting early about the new tower we are building. Then I went to set up my office and get ready to rock and roll. Many of the administrators lefts early that day, so I was without direction. I got my ID badge at this hospital, got my parking worked out, got a tour of the Emergency Department, met some nuns that are high ranking officials (I work at a Catholic Hospital) and ate lunch with Carol. I worked out some issues with IT, and I think I am ready for Monday. I headed out about 3..(I got there at 7) and was home in no time. If I am not in the rush hour traffic…it only takes about 15-20 minutes to get to work.
So, week one is over and I am so excited. I will keep you updated as I progress. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment